Don’t just write appointments and to-do’s on your planner pages. Those things are extremely important but there are a lot of other things you could be recording, like . . .
1. Special events for other people you might want to follow-up on; like surgery, a medical test, a possible promotion, an academic test. Make a note somewhere on your calendar page to remind you so you can follow-up. I can’t tell you how much it means to me when someone follows up on something important in my life.
2. Goals. I’m trying to drink more water so I write that directly on my planner page to remind me. It’s good to have your goals written down somewhere, but it’s even better if they’re in your face!
3. Motivational Thoughts. Sometimes I hear or read something so profound that I write it on my planner page so I won’t forget it and so I can be reminded of it.
4. What You Wore. I know this seems silly but it works for me. I don’t have a lot of clothes so I want to be sure I don’t wear the same things to the same events. So sometimes I write down what I wear to certain activities.
5. Weather. I know a lot of people already do this. It’s fun to look back and see how many days it rained last month or how cold it got or what the weather was like this time last year.
6. Lessons you Learned. When something particularly impresses me, I write it down so I can remember it.
7. Progress on projects. I’m nearly always working on a quilt project. I like to know how far along I am on the project so I keep track. Depending on the design, I write my progress on the calendar page or my daily page.
8. When you’re sick. You never know when you might need that information. Plus it helps identify patterns. We eventually noticed that my husband tended to get sick once a year, usually in early spring.
Those are just a few of the extra things I track in my planner. What do you track in yours?
Other time management/planner articles are available in the
Time Management Index.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Are a Grocery List and Menu Plan Really Necessary?! - February 9, 2016
- Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado - February 9, 2016
- What’s For Dinner (No. 192) & Cooking Tips, Too! - December 14, 2015