Notice the kitty cat on the sidewalk in the photo above? No, that’s not ours. That sweetie lives across the street and is the friendliest cat I’ve ever met! When I got home from running errands today, she was relaxing on the sidewalk – probably waiting for my granddaughter who adores her and gives her lots of attention every chance she gets.
But you probably don’t really care about the neighborhood pets – you just want to see what we accomplished on the bathroom this week. Well, let’s get to it!
Here’s David’s done list for this week:
- Put a coat of kills on the ceiling.
- Painted the ceiling.
- Grouted the floor.
- Finished sanding the walls.
- Painted the walls.
- Installed toilet paper holder.
- Installed towel bars.
- Installed new faucet on sink.
- Put sink and toilet back in the bathroom.
- Put together cabinet next to the sink.
- Put together cabinet over the toilet.
- Leveled the toilet tank & attached it so it’s not crooked anymore.
There are probably some details I missed but that’s the bulk of it, I think. Now for the photos, including one from the day we moved in:
Here’s what left:
- Replace GFI outlet behind the sink.
- Purchase & install a new toilet seat (you can’t just go out and buy a gray seat – you have to order it. And since gray is hard to match, we decided to go with black or white.)
- Hang pictures.
- Paint trim & door.
Also this week I purchased knick knacks for the shelves in the dining room. I originally planned to put books on the shelves but they’re too narrow. And believe it or not, we didn’t have any knick knacks we could use so I had to go buy some. I learned that’s easier said than done, especially when you’re looking for cool stuff that’s child proof. I had success at Gordman’s and TJ Maxx where I found stuff I liked and that I knew the grandkids would like.
Thanks for joining us on this journey and let me know if you have any questions or comments.