Did you notice anything different about the front of the house? The shutters are gone! Here’s what it looked like last week:
Besides removing the shutters on the front of the house, David also re-attached some of the trim that was falling down. And we spent some time scraping the front:
We also got an estimate on removing the dead tree out front – $650. It hurts but we have to do it. We were crossing our fingers that it wasn’t dead but so far we haven’t seen any evidence that it’s alive.
Because it’s spring and we’d like to go ahead and landscape the front yard, our plan is to get all the prep work done on the front so we can add the plants. So when the weather’s nice, that’s what our priority is.
But we aren’t going to abandon the inside. We did a few small things this week:
1. We finally ordered a new toilet seat for the bathroom. White toilet seats are cheap and readily available but gray toilet seats are more expensive and have to be ordered. So we ordered one from Home Depot for $60. Ouch! We’re crossing our fingers that it will be a close enough match to work. Our other options are black or white but we really want to stick with gray.
Here’s the current seat:
Here’s what we ordered:
2. We had a couple of warm days last week and tried out the air conditioning. Just as we suspected, it doesn’t work. So we have a heating and cooling friend coming by this week to see what’s up. We’re expecting to replace both the furnace and a/c.
The current plan is:
1. Continue working on the outside, specifically getting the front ready to paint.
2. Landscape the front, especially the area directly in front of the house.
3. Begin removing paneling in the living room and dining room.
4. Install the second garage door opener.
5. Choose a paint color for the outside.
Check back next week to see our progress.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016