It’s COLD here in the Midwest so I thought some soup sounded good. I don’t have as many choices as I used to since I have to avoid dairy, gluten, onion and garlic. But I found this one and it hit the spot.
- 2 cups water
- 1 (32-ounce) carton chicken broth (check for gluten)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion (1)
- ½ cup chopped celery (1)
- 1 medium carrot, chopped (2)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces gluten-free fusilli (short twisted spaghetti) (3)
- 2-1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast (check for gluten) (4)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Combine 2 cups water and chicken broth in a microwave-save dish and microwave at HIGH 5 minutes. (5)
While broth mixture heats, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, celery, carrot, salt and pepper; sauté 3 minutes or until almost tender. Add hot broth mixture and pasta; bring to a boil. Cook 7 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente. Stir in chicken; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Stir in parsley.
(1) I omitted.
(2) I used about four carrots. I also added a whole zucchini, chopped and some fresh spinach.
(3) I didn’t have fusilli so I used penne.
(4) I cooked my own chicken and seasoned it with just salt and pepper.
(5) I wasn’t in a hurry so I skipped the microwave step. I sautéed the vegetables (except spinach), added broth, brought to a boil and then added pasta. Once pasta was nearly cooked, I added chicken and spinach.
recipe from myrecipes.com