I’m always looking for good salad recipes for my husband to take in his lunch. I actually made this one as a side to go with Oven Baked Chicken and for his lunch. After eating the salad, he said: “This is really good!” He proceeded to serve himself another helping and then finished it off in his lunch the next couple of days. I believe he added tuna to it for his lunch.
- 3 cups cauliflower, sliced (1)
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup onion, sliced (2)
- 1 can black olives, drained
- small jar pimento, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar (3)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Prepare vegetables and put in large bowl.
Mix together dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Stir well. Refrigerate.
(1) I used a whole head of cauliflower.
(2) I quartered the onion slices.
(3) I used balsamic vinegar.
recipe from Dr. Josh Axe
(I’m not endorsing (or not endorsing) Dr. Axe – I saw the recipe on Facebook
and it looked like something my husband would like)
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016