Submitted by Judy Dockery (my mom)
Just because Thanksgiving and Christmas are over doesn’t mean no more sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are good ANY time and here’s a great recipe. My mom made this for the first time in December and had many requests for the recipe. Hope you enjoy it.
Reba McEntire’s Praline Sweet Potato Casserole
From Good Housekeeping Magazine, December 2007
- 1 can (40 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- Mom added ½ cup chopped pecans and ½ cup raisins to the base.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted (she used 3 tablespoons)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease shallow 1-1/2 quart casserole. In bowl, mash sweet potatoes; stir in granulated sugar, margarine, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and eggs. Spoon into prepared casserole. Mix topping ingredients; sprinkle on potato mixture. Bake 30 minutes. Serves 6.
Here’s another recipe my mom discovered recently that she said was delicious. I haven’t had this yet so I don’t have a picture. But mom says it’s awesome and really easy to make.
Easy Fruit Salad
- 6 oz. cherry jello
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can whole cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups red grapes
Mix together and let set.