I found this Macaroni and Cheese recipe in a magazine a while back and decided to try it. It’s easy to make and it tastes AWESOME. I’m not a big mac & cheese fan but I love this and make it often.
- 1 box (1 pound) penne pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 350. Coat a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Bring a large pot of water to boiling.
- Once water boils, add penne. Cook 6 minutes, then drain. In a large bowl, toss together cheddar, swiss and parmesan. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and slightly bubbly. In a thin stream, whisk in milk. Stir in onion powder, salt and cayenne. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in 2-1/2 cups of the cheese mixture.
- In the pasta pot, stir together the cooked penne and the cheese sauce. Pour half into prepared baking dish (the pan will seem too big but that’s okay – just spread it out). Sprinkle with generous cup of the cheese. Spoon remaining penne into dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
The following two tabs change content below.
My name is Patty & I'm a full-time homemaker. I've been a full-time homemaker most of my adult life. I thought I'd probably go back to work when my kids were grown, and I did briefly, but I came back home as soon as my first grandchild was born. I learned that home was my favorite place to be and homemaking was and is my calling.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016