I’ve been really excited to try this recipe because my family really likes root beer. And they loved these cookies! The root beer gave them a different flavor than your average cookie and even the texture was a little different – more cake like. Delicious cookies!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter @ room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons root beer concentrate*
- 3-1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and sugars in large bowl. Using electric mixer at medium speed, cream. Beat in egg. Continue to beat until mixture is fluffy. Beat in oil, milk, vanilla and root beer concentrate.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt**. Add to butter mixture and mix until combined. Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Drop two tablespoons of dough*** at a time onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool five minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove t a wire rack to cool completely.
*You can get Root Beer Concentrate with the other extracts
**I did not mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl. I just dumped them in.
***I used my cookie scoop which doesn’t hold two tablespoons of dough. So I baked my cookies for 7 minutes which was perfect.
****I found this recipe at firstname.lastname@example.org.