This recipe is really easy and tastes great. It can be a one-dish meal or you can add some bread, like the Four Grain Batter Bread.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 medium russet potatoes, unpeeled, cut into ¾-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1-1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots
- 1 jar (12 ounces) home-style chicken gravy
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves (1)
- ½ teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 13×9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In baking dish, arrange chicken, potatoes and carrots. In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chicken and vegetables.
Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until vegetables are tender and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165 degrees). (2)
(1) I didn’t have any sage so I used rosemary.
(2) We noticed that a few of the vegetables were still a little crunchy. To solve that problem you could stir the vegetables about halfway during cooking.
(3) Next time I’m going to make this in the crock pot. I’ll cook it on low for 6 to 8 hours.
from Betty Crocker Cookbook