Yum! Not only was this recipe delicious, it also was easy to make but looked like a gourmet meal! I’ll definitely be making this again.
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each) (1)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (2)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (3)
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels or pepitas (salted pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add fillets, skin side up; cook 4-5 minutes per side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Toss spinach with vinaigrette; divide between two plates. Top spinach with salmon; add remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
TO TOAST NUTS: Bake in a shallow pan in a 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes, or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
(1) These were supposed to be skin on fillets but I used skinless.
(2) I used olive oil.
(3) I wasn’t paying attention and thought this said balsamic vinegar. As I was mixing it up, I realized balsamic vinegar wasn’t right. I didn’t have any so I looked on-line and found a recipe for Balsamic Vinaigrette at thekitchn.com.
recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine