Thank you to blog reader, Teresa, who told me about the Walmart Savings Catcher program. I had heard it mentioned but never took the time to find out what it was. Teresa noticed a Wal-mart receipt in one of my posts and told me about the program. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Teresa! I would never have checked it out if you hadn’t told me about it.
And in case any of you other Walmart shoppers haven’t heard about it either, I want to tell you about it now. For the record, I’m not receiving any compensation from Wal-mart. This is simply to help any other Wal-mart shoppers save as much money as they can.
Here’s a simple explanation from Walmart. “If a local competitor offers a lower advertised price on an eligible item you purchased at Walmart or Walmart.com, we have a program called Savings Catcher that allows you to get back the difference on a Walmart Rewards eGift Card or a Bluebird by American Express Card. Amounts credited to these Cards can be used to make purchases exclusively in Walmart stores or online at Walmart.com.”
So here goes.
- Download the Wal-mart app on your phone.
- Create an account.
- After you’re all set up, choose “Savings Catcher”.
- There’s an orange bar towards the middle that says “Scan a Receipt”.
- Scan your receipt with your phone. FYI: Receipts cannot be more than 7 days old.
- Within 3 days, Wal-mart will notify you of any savings & add it to your balance.
- You can redeem your savings immediately by printing a Walmart Rewards eGift Card on your computer or you can let it add up and use it all at once.
- You can earn up to $599.99 reward dollars per calendar year.
Seriously, if you haven’t signed up for this program, DO IT NOW! I started in January and have already “earned” $25.00.
Do you shop at Walmart? Have you heard about this program? Have you signed up yet?