This is a new recipe for us. It was very easy to put together and tasted great. I would definitely serve it with the extras listed below.
- 1 fryer chicken, cooked and cubed (I used four chicken breasts, cooked and shredded)
- 10-3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 14-1/2 oz. can tomatoes with chilies, drained
- 6 (6-inch) tortillas, torn in half (I tore them into strips and used bigger tortillas since that was all I had)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I used whatever looked good – probably more)
1. Combine chicken, soup and tomatoes with chilies. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Layer as follows:
- 1/3 tortilla pieces
- 1/3 chicken mixture
- 1/3 onion
- 1/3 cheese
Repeat layers TWO more times.
3. Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours. Let stand before serving. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomatoes, diced raw green onions, sour cream and salsa.