I love slow cooker recipes and this one was a big winner! So easy to make and tasted great. Serve it over rice or noodles.
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1/2×2 inch strips (1)
- Garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup chopped onion (1 medium onion)
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped (about 2 cups) (2)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Sprinkle beef with garlic powder. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the beef. (3) Transfer to a 4-quart slow cooker.
Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker. Stir in onion, bell peppers (4), stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
(1) I used round steak.
(2) Use any combination of peppers. I used red and green.
(3) I skipped this step and put the beef directly into the crock pot.
(4) Wait until the last 45 minutes to add the peppers so they don’t get mushy.
from Allrecipes Magazine, February/March 2014
More tried & true recipes are available in the Recipe Index.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016