I saw this recipe a while back and thought it sounded really good. I finally got around to making and I was right – it was delicious! It was also easy to make and used ingredients I always have on hand. I’ll definitely be making this again and again.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together ½ cup butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat in ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 egg and 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract until well combined. Add in 1 cup flour and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour dough into prepared baking dish and smooth it into an even layer.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over dough.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until bars are set and the edges are very lightly browned. Cool in the pan before slicing.
Recipe adapted from Baking Bites – you might want to check out this website.
It has a lot of great recipes.