This is a really excellent chicken dish that works well for family and/or guests. The creamy sauce and the cracker crumb topping really make it special. I serve this dish with steamed vegetables and Italian bread.
- 6-8 bone-inchicken breasts (4 pounds) (I usually use 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 1 8-oz. container sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 34 ritz crackers, crushed
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds (I omit since poppy seeds can be a problem for some people)
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted
Boil chicken 20 minutes. Remove bones and skin and cut into chunks. Arrange chunks in 9×13 pan.
Mix sour cream and soups and pour over chicken. Mix crushed crackers with poppy seeds. Sprinkle over top. Melt margarine and pour over top.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes uncovered. Allow to set 10 minutes before serving.
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016