This recipe was easy to make and a definite winner. It worked well as a side dish and then my husband took the leftovers in his lunch.
- 1 (16-ounce) box dried orzo pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh baby spinach leaves, finely chopped (1)
- ½ pound crumbled feta cheese
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup pine nuts, toasted (2)
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes (3)
- 1 jar artichoke hearts (4)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black olives (5)
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orzo and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives, basil, salt and pepper.
Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.
(1) I only used about 4 ounces of spinach.
(2) I used about ¼ cup pine nuts since they’re so expensive. To toast them, put them on a cookie sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven for about 6 or 7 minutes.
(3) This was an addition. Add as much or little as you want.
(4) This was an addition. Add as much or little as you want.
(5) This also was an extra addition.
from allrecipes.com magazine, April/May 2014
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- Are a Grocery List and Menu Plan Really Necessary?! - February 9, 2016
- Salmon & Spinach Salad with Avocado - February 9, 2016
- What’s For Dinner (No. 192) & Cooking Tips, Too! - December 14, 2015