Yes, another artichoke recipe. My husband loves artichokes so I make them a lot. He really enjoyed this combination, especially the way I modified it!
- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14-ounce) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained & quartered (1)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (2)
- ½ teaspoon salt (3)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (3)
Preheat broiler. Prepare rigatoni and spinach according to package directions.
Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta water; return to pan. Stir in artichokes, ½ cup mozzarella, parmesan, salt, pepper, and cooked spinach, adding some of the reserved pasta water to thin, if desired.
Transfer to a greased 2-quart broiler safe baking dish; top with remaining mozzarella. Broil 4-6 inches from heat 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. (4)
(1) I used two cans and it was perfect.
(2) I omitted. It had plenty of cheese without it.
(3) I omitted. It didn’t need salt and I figured David could add pepper if it needed it. He didn’t add any.
(4) I did not broil this dish. I put everything in a greased 13×9 pan and heated it at 350 for about 20 minutes, until heated through.
(5) I added 2 cups of shredded chicken to make it a compete meal.
from Taste of Home Magazine, February/March 2014