Be prepared to be wowed with this great burger recipe. I made this for a family dinner recently (with a few modifications) and the burgers were a BIG hit. So whip up a batch and see what you think.
- 1 cup stuffing mix, finely crushed
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- Cheese slices, lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, broth, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and half the spinach (save remaining spinach for another use). Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four ¾-inch thick patties.
Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 3-4 inches from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns with cheese, lettuce and tomato, if desired. Yield: 4 servings
I doubled the recipe and got 10 patties. Even if you don’t need that many, go ahead and make them and freeze what you don’t need.
I didn’t use the stuffing mix but used 2 cups of Italian panko bread crumbs instead (remember, I doubled everything). I also used 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning. And I added about ½ to ¾ cup feta cheese crumbles.
The burgers would probably taste as good cooked in the oven, but we grilled them. The family raved about them and several asked for the recipe.
from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016