It’s been cold in the Midwest and this Steak & Vegetable Soup hit the spot. I’ll definitely be making it again.
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion (1)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil (2)
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes (3)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
In a large saucepan (4), cook beef and onion in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes, carrots and peas. Add the broth, water, vinegar, parsley, chives, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
(1) I omitted the onion because of my husband’s low FODMAP diet.
(2) I used olive oil.
(3) I used russet potatoes.
(4) I used a Dutch oven.
(5) If you want to make this in your crock pot, cook the beef and onion and then transfer to a crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low 4 or 5 hours.
recipe from Light & Tasty Magazine