This summer salad is light and refreshing and works for lunch or dinner.
- 3-1/2 cup seasoned chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced into small cubes
- 2/3 cup assorted color cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ avocado, diced
- ½ bunch asparagus, roasted & chopped (click here for a great recipe for roasted asparagus)
- 1-2 scallions/green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped (I used 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (I didn’t have any so I used regular mustard)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, avocado, asparagus, green onion and basil, and gently toss. Add the Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and toss again until combined.
Taste salad and season with additional salt & pepper, if needed.
Recipe from Go Gluten Free Magazine, June/July 2014
Recipe created by Heather Connell (multiplydelicious.com)
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016