My favorite recipe magazine is Taste of Home, and I’ve been a subscriber for a LONG time! But since David’s been eating gluten free, I haven’t found quite as many recipes that work for us. I was pretty excited when I found this recipe for Super Quick Chicken Fried Rice and it was definitely a keeper.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables (1)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice (2)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded (3)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Prepare frozen vegetables according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat one tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan.
In same skillet, heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil and remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until rice begins to brown.
Stir in shredded chicken, salt and pepper. Add eggs and vegetables; eat through, breaking eggs into small pieces and stirring to combine. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil.
(1) I used peas and carrots.
(2) I just threw in some rice I already had cooked.
(3) You don’t have to use a rotisserie chicken. You can cook and shred your own and it’ll taste just as delicious.
Recipe from Taste of Home Magazine