Wow! This was amazingly delicious and easy and I will definitely be making it again.
- 8 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each) (1)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced (2)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced (3)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1 baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Place chicken in an ungreased 13×9 baking pan; brush with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomatoes and basil. Wrap each chicken breast in two bacon strips, arranging bacon in a crisscross. (4)
Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees. Top with cheese, bake 1 minute longer or until melted.
(1) I used 4 chicken breasts but I cut each one in half to make smaller pieces.
(2) I only put tomatoes on a few of them since most of us eating that night don’t care of cooked tomatoes.
(3) I didn’t have fresh basil leaves so I sprinkled each piece of chicken with dried basil.
(4) I only put one slice of bacon on each piece.
from Taste of Home Magazine