In the mood for some oven baked chicken? Here are three really good recipes. The first, Parmesan Cornflake Chicken, was in a Taste of Home Magazine from several years ago. This is my personal favorite of any oven baked chicken recipe I have ever tasted. It is awesome! If you want something a little healthier, you might try the third Oven Baked Chicken recipe which uses the Kraft Oven Fry crumbs. Also good is French’s Crunchy Onion Chicken.
Parmesan Cornflake Chicken
½ cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (from the can is best)
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes (you can omit this if you don’t have any)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper (I always forget to put the pepper in – don’t know why)
- 6 tbsp. melted butter
- 4 or 5 chicken breasts
- Combine first six ingredients.
- Place butter in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in butter and then roll in cornflake mixture.
- Place in greased 13×9 baking dish and bake uncovered at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes.
French’s Crunchy Onion Chicken
- 1-1/3 cup French Fried Onions
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- Crush French Fried Onions in plastic bag.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat in onion crumbs.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 until cooked through.
Oven Fried Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I like to use chicken tenders)
- Kraft Oven Fry, Extra Crispy
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour 2 tablespoons oil onto cookie sheet and brush to cover surface.
- Dip chicken in egg*, then coat in crumbs.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet with a little space between each piece.
- Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
This chicken is good served hot or cold.
It is also really good chopped and served in a salad.
*You can also cut the chicken into cubes and make chicken nuggets.