Good side dishes that are easy but taste great are hard to find. But this one is definitely a winner.
- 1 package (16 ounces) tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups Italian salad dressing
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic salt, optional
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
While pasta is cooking, place vegetables in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 7-8 minutes or until thawed; drain.
In a bowl, combine the pasta, vegetables and olives.
Combine salad dressing and garlic salt (if desired); pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
1. Next time I’ll use 2 cans of black olives.
2. I used 1 cup of Italian salad dressing and it was plenty.
3. I steamed the vegetables instead of microwaving them.
4. I just used a sprinkle of garlic salt – not even an eighth of a teaspoon.
from Quick Cooking Magazine
Latest posts by Patty (see all)
- When Life Messes up your Menu Plan - March 13, 2016
- Why I Don’t Ever Want Another French Door Refrigerator - March 10, 2016
- When Your Best Friend Needs a Planner . . . - March 9, 2016