Yum. This linguini was really good and made a great side dish for yesterday’s Balsamic Chicken Breasts.
- 1 package (7 ounces) linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Cook linguine according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
Combine cheeses; toss with lemon juice. Add to the sauce; stir until cheese begins to melt.
Drain linguine; add the cheese sauce and toss to coat.
Yield: 2 servings
I doubled the recipe since 2 servings wouldn’t be enough for my family but I ended up with a lot more than 4 servings. I would say the recipe, as is, makes 4 servings instead of 2.
from Quick Cooking Magazine, Collector’s Edition